Google
 

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox console


If you haven't already seen it, I suggest you go look at this:



Tell me that doesnt' look amazing. I'm not a drooling typical fan of Halo 3, but the 4-play coop and this kinda thing is well-placed marketing by Bungie/Microsoft. The coloring and contrast of the console is just dead-on.

Yet, the negative part about this is that its just not... all that great. I was hoping that it would be an elite console painted this nice color, but its actually a downgrade. I took this list from Xbox.com's page of features:

  • Halo 3 Special Edition Console
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
  • Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
  • Component HD AV Cable
  • Ethernet Cable
  • HDMI Port
  • Play & Charge Kit
  • Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
  • One-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • Halo 3 game not included—sold separately
Compared to the Elite, this just doesn't quite cut it for me. Maybe its the missing 120GB hard drive. Put that on one of these, and you have an instant sale to me, your typical customer.

Why not just do this? Make these things customizable? Upgradeable IN STORE. I mean, why should I buy a whole new hard drive just to have my old one sitting around at home. Seems silly. Make it like a sandwich from Subway. I want cucumbers, please, and hold the onions.

1 comment: